Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The prohibition in section 3-3-2 of this chapter is not intended to prohibit outdoor fires within habited premises, developed recreational areas or City parks where the following conditions are met:
1. Fire is built in a permanent barbecue, portable barbecue, outdoor fireplace, incinerator or grill located on property that the individual using such device has the legal authority to occupy; and
2. Fire is a minimum of fifteen feet (15') from any grass, grain, brush or forest covered area; and
3. Competent and continuous supervision is present at all times capable of tending such fire.
4. All fires and coals in fireplaces, pits or grills shall be thoroughly extinguished after the use thereof has been completed.
5. No person shall use any permanent barbecue, portable barbecue, outdoor fireplace or grill for the disposal of rubbish, trash or combustible waste material.
(B) Any violation of this section shall be deemed to be a misdemeanor. (Ord. 1700, 8-13-2019)