Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) All ordinances of a temporary or special nature and all other ordinances pertaining to subjects not embraced in this code shall remain in full force and effect unless herein repealed expressly or by necessary implication.
(B) Nothing in this code or the ordinance adopting this code shall be construed to repeal or otherwise affect the validity of any of the following:
(1) Any offense or act committed or done or any penalty or forfeiture incurred or any contract or right established or accruing before the effective date of this code;
(2) Any ordinance or resolution promising or guaranteeing the payment of money for the town or authorizing the issuance of any bonds of the town or any evidence of the town's indebtedness;
(3) Any contract or obligation assumed by the town;
(4) Any ordinance fixing the salary of any town officer or employee;
(5) Any right or franchise granted by the town;
(6) Any ordinance dedicating, naming, establishing, locating, relocating, opening, widening, paving and the like, any street or public way in the town;
(7) Any appropriation ordinance;
(8) Any ordinance which, by its own terms, is effective for a stated or limited term;
(9) Any ordinance providing for local improvements and assessing taxes therefor;
(10) Any zoning ordinance or zoning map amendment;
(11) Any ordinance dedicating or accepting any subdivision plat;
(12) Any ordinance describing or altering the boundaries of the town;
(13) The administrative ordinances or resolutions of the town not in conflict or inconsistent with the provisions of this code;
(14) Any ordinance levying or imposing taxes not included herein;
(15) Any ordinance establishing or prescribing street grades in the town; and/or
(16) Any personnel ordinance.
(C) Nor shall any ordinance be construed to revive any ordinance or part thereof that has been repealed by a subsequent ordinance which is repealed by this chapter; and all ordinances are hereby recognized as continuing in full force and effect to the same extent as if set out at length herein.
Statutes not repealed by General Statutes, see G.S. § 164-7