Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) If any motor vehicle is found parked, standing or stopped in violation of any parking ordinance or other ordinance passed by the city, the vehicle may be cited for the appropriate parking violation. The citing officer shall note the vehicle’s registration number and any other information concerning the vehicle which will identify it and, if the driver is not present, shall conspicuously affix to the vehicle a notice of parking violation.
(B) The form of the notice of the parking violation shall contain in substance the following information:
(1) A statement that the notice represents a determination that a parking violation has been committed by the owner of a vehicle and that the determination shall be final unless contested as provided for in § 72.992;
(2) A statement that the parking violation may result in impoundment of the vehicle for which the owner may be liable for a fine and towing, handling and storage charges or fees;
(3) A statement of the specific parking violation for which the citation was issued;
(4) A statement of the monetary penalty established for the parking violation;
(5) A statement that the violator may contest the determination that a violation occurred by requesting, in writing, the City Clerk for a hearing before the hearing officer.
(C) A notice of parking violation represents a determination that a parking violation has been committed, and such determination shall be final unless contested as provided for in § 72.992. The registered owner of the vehicle at the time the violation occurred shall be liable for all fines, fees and penalties associated with the violation. The fact that a vehicle which is illegally parked is registered in the name of a person shall be considered prima facie proof that such person was in control of the vehicle at the time of the violation. In the case of a bailment or lease of a vehicle, the bailee and bailor and lessor and lessee shall be jointly and severally liable for all fine, fees and penalties associated with any violation.
(Ord. 0-90-008, passed 4-9-90)