Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(1) Applicant. An individual or entity who has submitted an application to the Zoning Board of Adjustment or the Civic Design Review Committee, or who seeks approval from City Council of a proposed development.
(2) Covered Development Project. A development project (other than an exclusively residential development of three or fewer dwelling units; and other than an application exclusively for signage) relating to any structure or resulting structure of more than two thousand five hundred (2,500) square feet in Gross Floor Area, that either:
(a) Requires an ordinance or resolution of Council in order to proceed.
(b) Requires the issuance of a special exception or variance by the Zoning Board of Adjustment.
(c) Meets the requirements for civic design review under subsection 14-304(5) ("Civic Design Review").
(d) Is accepted for civic design review under subsection 14-304(5)(b)(.3) ("Optional Review") and the applicant agrees to treat the project as a Covered Development Project.
(3) Department. The department, office, agency or other entity designated by the Mayor to administer the provisions of this Chapter.
(4) Developer. A person or entity with primary responsibility for a development project.
(5) Development Project. A project involving improvement of land or structure; or a change in use.
(6) Project Information Form. A statement conforming to subsection 18-503(2).