Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(1) The Philadelphia Parking Authority shall prepare and mail a notice of violation addressed to the registered owner of a vehicle identified in a recorded image produced by an automated speed enforcement system as evidence of a violation of Section 3370 of the Vehicle Code and this Chapter.
(2) The notice of violation must include:
(a) the name of the registered owner of the vehicle;
(b) registration number and state of issuance of the vehicle registration;
(c) the date, time and place of the alleged violation;
(d) a statement that the violation charged is under Sections 3362 and 3370 of the Vehicle Code and this Chapter;
(e) the penalty for the violation;
(f) a copy of the recorded image showing the vehicle;
(g) the date on which the notice was mailed; and
(h) instructions for return of the notice of violation, which shall read: "This notice shall be returned personally, by mail or by an agent duly authorized in writing, within 30 days of issuance. A hearing may be obtained upon the written request of the registered owner. Failure to return this notice or to request a hearing within 30 days of mailing of this notice shall be considered an admission of liability."
(3) The notice of violation must be authenticated by a City police officer who swears or affirms that he or she has inspected the recorded images evidencing the violation and the information set forth in the notice of violation and that he or she has reason to believe the information contained in the notice of violation is true and correct.
(4) In the case of a violation involving a motor vehicle registered under the laws of Pennsylvania, the notice of violation must be mailed within 30 days after the commission of the violation or within 30 days after the discovery of the identity of the registered owner, whichever is later, to the address of the registered owner as listed in the records of the Department of Transportation.
(5) In the case of motor vehicles registered in jurisdictions other than Pennsylvania, the notice of violation must be mailed within 30 days after the discovery of the identity of the registered owner to the address of the registered owner as listed in the records of the jurisdiction having charge of the registration of the vehicle. A notice of violation under this Section must be provided to an owner within 90 days of the commission of the offense.
(6) The provisions of Chapter 12-1400 shall not apply to this Chapter.