Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(1) AIDS. Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome – the most serious stage of disease caused by human immunodeficiency virus infection.
(2) HIV. Human Immunodeficiency Virus (formerly called human T-cell lymphotropic virus type III – HTLV- III), the organism that causes AIDS.
(3) Employer. 1116 Any person who employs more than three (3) employees exclusive of his parents, spouse, Life Partner or children, including any governmental unit, agency or employee as to which the City has power to legislate, but excluding any fraternal, sectarian, charitable or religious organization.
(4) HIV Antibody Test. A blood test for the presence of antibody to HIV, which is considered as evidence of infection.
(5) HIV Disease. The spectrum of diseases caused by infection with HIV, including fully developed AIDS, and earlier stages.
(6) Education. An oral discourse, by a senior management official, regarding the ways HIV can and cannot be transmitted, and the rights of affected employees, accompanied by personal distribution to each employee of printed materials produced or authorized by the Philadelphia Health Department, regarding aspects of HIV in the workplace.
Amended, Bill No. 130224 (approved May 8, 2013).