Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(1) Affordable dwelling unit. A dwelling unit affordable for eligible households based on the affordability levels calculated pursuant to Section 7-107;
(4) Affordable Price. The price, as determined by the Director, that a family with income at seventy percent (70%) of AMI could afford to pay to purchase a dwelling unit, adjusted by the Director to account for size of family and size of unit.
(5) Fifteen Year Affordable Rent. The annual rent (multiplied by fifteen), as determined by the Director, that a family with income at seventy percent (70%) of AMI could afford to pay to rent a dwelling unit, adjusted by the Director to account for size of family and size of unit.
(6) Fifteen Year Market Rate Rent. The annual market rate rent for a unit, multiplied by fifteen.
(7) AMI. The median income for the Philadelphia area adjusted for household size as calculated by the U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development;
(8) Applicant. Any person, firm, partnership, association, joint venture, corporation, or any other entity or combination of entities, or affiliated entities and any transferee of all or part of the real property at one location which develops a total of twenty (20) or more dwelling units at one location for sale or rent;
(9) At one location. All real property of the applicant if:
(a) The property lines are contiguous or nearly contiguous at any point; or
(b) The property lines are separated only by a public or private street, road, highway, right-of-way or utility right-of-way, at any point;
(10) Department. The Department of Licenses and Inspections;
(11) Director. The Director of the Office of Housing and Community Development;
(12) Dwelling unit. A room or group of rooms located within a dwelling and forming a single habitable unit with facilities which are used or intended to be used for living, sleeping, cooking and eating but excluding dwelling units developed by or for an educational institution for the exclusive residential use and occupancy by that institution's students;
(13) Eligible household. A household where the income of the household is less than or equal to one hundred twenty-five percent (125%) of the AMI and which holds a valid verification of eligibility from OHCD which entitles the household to buy or rent an affordable dwelling unit;
(14) Market rate units. Residential dwelling units that are not required to be affordable housing under this Chapter;
(15) OHCD. The Office of Housing and Community Development;
(16) Planning Commission. The City Planning Commission.