Skip to code content (skip section selection)
PM-313.1 General: All owners and operators of private parking lots shall comply with the requirements of this Section PM-313, the Zoning Code, and the Philadelphia Building Code.
1. a wall which is not less than 2 feet in height;
2. metal or masonry posts 4 to 6 inches in diameter placed not more than 5 feet apart nor less than 30 inches in height and connected by metal pipes, rods, fencing or chains; or
3. concrete curbing, at least six inches high by four inches wide, permanently located so that any parked vehicle does not encroach on a footway, adjacent property, or into an area where parking is not permitted.
1. on private parking lots which are used to store or park commercial vehicles; and
2. on private parking lots with a parking area of 2,500 square feet or more.
1. use or permit the use of any part of any street or sidewalk for the parking or storing of motor vehicles in connection with the operation of a motor vehicle repair or sales businesses.
2. cause or permit the shoveling, plowing or otherwise moving of snow from the private parking lot onto any street or sidewalk.