Skip to code content (skip section selection)
1. Structures, facilities and conditions arising after the adoption of this code.
2. Existing structures, facilities and conditions not legally in existence at the time of adoption of this code.
3. Existing structures, facilities and conditions where required in Chapter 11.
4. Existing structures, facilities and conditions that, in the opinion of the fire code official, constitute a distinct hazard to life or property.
1. Conditions and operations arising after the adoption of this code.
2. Existing conditions and operations.
F-102.2.1 Operational provisions. Operational provisions shall include, but are not limited to, requirements for: Storage, Signage (signs, placards and labels), Clearance from sources of ignition, Vehicle impact protection (Section 312), Hazards to fire fighters (Section 316), Fire apparatus access roads (Section 503), Premises identification (Section 505), Fire protection water supplies (Section 507), Portable unvented heaters (Section 603.4), Electrical equipment and wiring hazards (Section 604), Natural decorative vegetation (Section 806), Decorative materials and artificial decorative vegetation (Section 807), Portable fire extinguishers (Section 906), Fire department connections (Section 912), Maximum allowable quantity of hazardous materials per control area (Section 5003.1.1), and Hazardous material control areas (Section 5003.8.3),
F-102.3 Application of building code. The design and construction of new structures shall comply with the Philadelphia Building Code and any alterations, additions, changes in use or changes in structures required by this code, which are within the scope of the Philadelphia Building Code, shall be made in accordance with the Philadelphia Building Code.
1. Construction and design provisions of this code pertaining to the exterior of the structure shall apply including, but not limited to, premises identification, fire apparatus access and water supplies. Where interior or exterior systems or devices are installed, construction permits required by the Administrative Code shall apply.
2. Administrative, operational and maintenance provisions of this code shall apply.
F-102.7 Subjects not regulated by this code. Where applicable standards or requirements are not set forth in this code, or are contained within other laws, codes, regulations, ordinances or bylaws adopted by the jurisdiction, compliance with applicable standards of the National Fire Protection Association or other nationally recognized fire safety standards, as approved, shall be deemed as prima facie evidence of compliance with the intent of this code. Nothing herein shall derogate from the authority of the fire code official to determine compliance with codes or standards for those activities or installations within the fire code official's jurisdiction or responsibility.
F-102.9 Conflicting provisions. Where there is a conflict between a general requirement and a specific requirement, the specific requirement shall govern. Where, in a specific case, different Sections of this code specify different materials, methods of construction or other requirements, the most restrictive shall govern.