Skip to code content (skip section selection)
Add Section B-308.2.5 as follows:
B-308.2.5 Supervised environment. In the determination of what is a supervised environment for the purposes of classifying Group I-1 occupancies, the following description shall be used. Group I-1 applies to the care of residents who do not require chronic or convalescent medical or nursing care. Supervision involves responsibility for the safety of the residents while inside the building. For the purposes of this Section, supervision includes one or more of the following:
1. Daily awareness by the management of the resident's functioning and whereabouts;
2. Making and reminding a resident of appointments;
3. The ability and readiness for intervention in the event of a resident experiencing a crisis;
4. Supervision in the area of nutrition and medication; and
5. Actual provision of transient medical care.