Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The following general and additional regulations may be necessary to allow for specific size conditions.
(A) Service connection.
(1) The sewer service shall be complete with service connection, Y’s or T’s with lateral to the property line when the main collector sewer is in the street. The minimum size is four (4) inches.
(2) The service connection shall have the necessary number of clean-outs for proper inspection and maintenance.
(3) The service connection shall serve only one (1) housing unit.
(4) The service connection shall be of sufficient depth to serve the lowest floor area of the structure.
(5) House connections shall be made at existing sewer tap locations. The city may permit taps (connections) to the main under special conditions.
(B) Sewer line.
(1) Manholes shall be installed in the sewer main at all points where lines or grades change. Manholes shall be spaced not more than three hundred (300) feet apart.
(2) It shall be the obligation of the developer to connect a new sewer main to the existing city sewer. If the point of connection is off-site of the area being developed, sufficient right-of-way shall be acquired and dedicated to the public use.
(Ord. 91-1, passed 6-11-91; Am. Ord. 2015-12, passed 8-7-15)
Penalty for violation, see § 33.999