§ 62.104 FEES
   (A)   No license under the provisions of this article shall be issued by the city until there has been paid a license fee provided for in this section.
   (B)   The kinds and types of alcoholic beverage licenses which may be issued by the Commonwealth of Kentucky Office of Alcoholic Beverage Control under the provisions of KRS Chapter 243, as amended from time to time and in effect at application, unless by their specific terms are not issuable in a city of the third class, may be issued by the city.
   (C)   The fee to be payable to the city for the issuance of each such license shall be in the same amount as the maximum allowable fee as set forth in KRS 243.070.
   (D)   When any person applies for a new license authorized under KRS Chapters 241 to 244, the person shall be charged, if the license is issued, the full fee for the respective license if six (6) months or more remain before the license is due to be renewed and one-half (1/2) the fee if less than six (6) months remain before the license is due to be renewed. No abatement of license fees shall be permitted to any person who held a license of the same kind for the same premises in the preceding license period and who was actually doing business under the license during the last month of the preceding license period pursuant to KRS 243.090.
   (E)   A transitional license may be issued by the state administrator during the time a transfer of an ongoing business is being processed under certain conditions. If a transitional license is issued, the purchaser must file an application for a permanent license with the city as set forth in KRS 243.045, and applicable fees will apply.
(1976 Code, § 3-17) (Am. Ord. 2001-5, passed 3-13-01; Am. Ord. 2008-1, passed 2-26-08; Am. Ord. 2011-3, passed 6-14-11; Am. Ord. 2024-4, passed 3-26-24)
Statutory reference:
   Persons who may not be licensed, see KRS 243.100
   Causes for refusal of license, see KRS 243.450
   Issuance of city licenses, see KRS 243.610