Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) It shall be the duty of the officers of the Bureau of Fire Prevention to enforce all state laws and this code covering the following:
(1) The prevention of fires;
(2) The storage and use of explosives and flammables;
(3) The installation and maintenance of automatic and other fire alarm systems and fire-extinguishing equipment;
(4) The maintenance and regulation of fire escapes;
(5) The means and adequacy of exit in case of fire from factories, schools, hotels, lodging houses, asylums, hospitals, churches, halls, theatres, amphitheaters, and all other places in which number of persons work, live, or congregate, from time to time, for any purpose; and
(6) The investigation of the cause, origin, and circumstances of fires.
(B) The officers shall have such other powers and perform such other duties as are set forth in other sections of this Code and as may be conferred and imposed from time to time by law. The Chief of the Fire Department may delegate any of his powers or duties under this article to be Fire Inspector.
(1976 Code, § 7-18)
Fire prevention and protection, see Ch. 73