Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The Commission established pursuant to subsection (2) of KRS 91A.350 shall be composed of seven (7) members to be appointed, jointly, by the Mayor of the largest city in the county and the County Judge/Executive in the following manner:
(1) Two (2) Commissioners from a list submitted by the local city hotel and motel association;
(2) One (1) Commissioner from a list submitted by the local county hotel and motel association, provided that if only one (1) local hotel and motel association exists which covers both the city and county, then three (3) Commissioners shall be appointed from a list submitted by it;
(3) One (1) Commissioner from a list submitted by the local restaurant association or associations;
(4) One (1) Commissioner by the Mayor of the City of Paris;
(5) One (1) Commissioner by the County Judge/Executive; and
(6) One (1) Commissioner by the President of the Paris-Bourbon County Chamber of Commerce.
(B) Vacancies shall be filled in the same manner that original appointments are made.
(C) The Commissioners shall be appointed for the terms of three (3) years, provided that in making the initial appointments, the Mayor of Paris and County Judge shall appoint two (2) Commissioners for a term of two (2) years, and two (2) Commissioners for a term of one (1) year. The Chamber of Commerce shall make its first appointment for a term of one (1) year.
(Ord. 92-20, passed 9-10-92)