Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(1) The Board of Commissioners shall, by ordinance, fix the compensation of every elected city officer not later than the first Monday in May in the year the officer is elected. An elected officer’s compensation shall not be changed after his election or during his term of office.
(2) The Board of Commissioners shall fix the compensation of each appointed city officer by ordinance and may change it by ordinance.
(3) The Board of Commissioners shall fix the compensation of city employees in accordance with a personnel pay and classification plan which shall be adopted by ordinance.
(4) All fees and commissions authorized by law shall be paid into the city treasury for the benefit of the city and shall not be retained by any officer or employee.
(5) The Board of Commissioners may, by ordinance, establish the compensation for any elective or appointive city officer on a salaried or per diem basis.
(B) Mayor; City Commissioners.
(1) Effective January 1, 2007, the base compensation of the Mayor shall be increased to one thousand eight hundred seventy-five dollars ($1,875.00) per month.
(2) Effective January 1, 2007, the base compensation of the City Commissioners shall be increased to one thousand two hundred fifty dollars ($1,250.00) per month.
(3) Effective January 1, 2005, and annually thereafter, the compensation paid to the Mayor and the City Commissioners shall be adjusted by the CPI for the previous calendar year, as calculated and published by the Department for Local Government.
(Ord. 96-32, passed 12-17-96; Am. Ord. 2005-1, passed 1-11-05)