Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) All rights of way shall conform to the following minimum dimensions:
(1) Primary or major streets shall conform to the Official Village Map and in no instance be less than 100 feet.
(2) Secondary or collector streets shall be eighty feet.
(3) Minor streets shall be sixty-six feet.
(4) Cul-de-sacs shall have a radius of not less than fifty feet.
(5) Crosswalkways shall be ten feet.
(6) Utility easements shall be sixteen feet.
(b) Minor streets shall be so laid out that their use by through traffic will be discouraged.
(c) Street jogs with centerline offsets of less than 125 feet shall be avoided.
(d) Clear visibility, measured along the centerline of the street, shall be provided for at least 300 feet on all primary streets, 200 feet on secondary streets and 100 feet on all other streets.
(e) It must be evidenced that all street intersections and confluences encourage safe traffic flow.
(f) Alleys are not permitted, except where deemed necessary, and at the discretion of the Plan Commission and Council.
(g) The maximum length of a cul-de-sac shall be not more than 500 feet measured along the centerline from the intersection at its origin through the center circle to the end of the right-of-way. Each cul-de-sac shall have a terminus of nearly circular shape with a minimum diameter of 100 feet.
(h) Half streets are prohibited.
(i) No street names may be used which will duplicate or be confused with the names of existing streets within the jurisdiction of these Regulations. Existing street names must be projected wherever possible.
(j) All requirements of Chapter 1462 of the Building and Housing Code (Development in Flood Hazard Areas) must be complied with.