Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) The fee for a driveway permit shall be sixty-five dollars ($65.00), which includes two inspections by the Village. Any reinspection(s) required due to nonconformity, incomplete work or any other reason shall be charged to the permit applicant at the rate of thirty-two dollars and fifty cents ($32.50) per reinspection, with said reinspection fee to be paid to the Village prior to the reinspection being performed. In addition to the permit fee, the provisions of Chapter 208 of this Code, in regard to cost recovery, shall also be applicable to any driveway permit application.
(b) The application for a driveway permit shall be on a form supplied by the Village's Public Works Department, and shall be accompanied by the following:
(1) A drawing of the proposed driveway, which includes measurements for said driveway and the location thereof on the property to be served by said driveway;
(2) A cross-section of the driveway construction proposed, or an explanatory note on the drawing referenced in paragraph (1) above, detailing the proposed construction, including the materials to be used and the thickness of each layer of material;
(3) A statement as to whether a culvert is to be installed, repaired or replaced in conjunction with the driveway, and, if so, the diameter of the culvert, the material that the culvert is/will be constructed of, and the proposed cover over the culvert;
(4) The name and address of the contractor(s) that will be constructing the driveway, with said contractor(s) having to be licensed by the Village; and
(5) Copies of any permits issued by either the Cook County Highway Department (CCHD) or the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) if the driveway construction will be within right-of-way under the jurisdiction of either the CCHD or IDOT.
(c) In addition to the permit fee set forth above, the permit applicant shall post a bond in the amount of three thousand five hundred dollars ($3,500.00) with the Village if any excavation work relative to said driveway will be done in the public right-of-way/public roadway easement. The purpose of said bond shall be to insure that no damage is done to the public right-of-way/public roadway easement, and that the public right-of-way/public roadway easement is restored to its pre-driveway construction condition upon completion of the driveway. Provided that an inspection by the Village shows that the permit applicant has complied with the conditions applicable to the bond, the bond shall be refunded/returned to the permit applicant.
(d) A driveway permit, once issued, shall be valid for twelve months.
(Ord. 2008-22. Passed 7-14-08.)