Notwithstanding any provision in this Code to the contrary, taxpayers may, in writing, claim a credit or refund for payment of taxes, interest or penalties paid in error for up to four years after the end of the calendar year in which the payment was made. Claims must include dates, amount paid, and an explanation of the error that occurred. The Tax Administrator shall determine whether a credit or refund is justified and shall respond to the taxpayer in writing within thirty days of receipt of the claim. Tax amounts paid in error shall be returned plus interest at the annual rate of five percent.
(Ord. 2000-33.  Passed 11-27-00.)