Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) This chapter shall apply to the following development in the area:
(1) Any new development of two hundred fifty gross square feet or greater on a site;
(2) Any development of two hundred fifty gross square feet or greater on a site that is converted from an exempt use to a nonexempt use.
(b) The following uses shall be exempt from the requirements of this chapter:
(1) An on-site cafeteria, recreational facility, and/or day care facility to be provided for employees and/or their children and not open to the general public;
(2) An accessory hazardous materials storage facility;
(3) Residential uses;
(4) Temporary uses of less than six months' duration;
(5) The replacement of existing square footage of a nonexempt use. "Replacement" shall mean that the new use receives architectural review approval pursuant to Chapter 18.76 (Permits and Approvals) within one year of the previous use being demolished;
(6) Uses that have received architectural review approval pursuant to Chapter 18.76 (Permits and Approvals) on or before the date this chapter becomes effective.
(Ord. 4826 § 17, 2004: Ord. 3665 § 1 (part), 1986)