Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The following signs are permitted in all residentially zoned districts as classified by the city.
(A) Temporary signs shall be limited to one temporary sign per site and shall comply as follows.
(1) Real estate signs shall be permitted; only one per residentially subdivided site shall be permitted. If the residential site has double frontage where the two streets fronting it do not intersect, said site may have two real estate signs.
(2) Construction signs may be placed no more than 20 days prior to construction, and shall be removed within 20 days after construction is completed. The minimum setback shall be five feet, no more than 16 square feet and the height shall not exceed ten feet.
(3) Political signs shall be limited to temporary signs, and shall require each sign to be at 20 feet intervals from each other, and shall be removed within 15 calendar days following the final outcome of the election for which the signs are posted. There is no minimum setback prescribed, the maximum size to be no more than 40 square feet and the height of all political signs in residential zones shall not be more than ten feet.
(4) Home occupation signs shall be permitted pursuant to the prevailing requirements of Ch. 156 of this code of ordinances that govern them; once the home occupation ceases, all signage must be immediately removed.
(5) A subdivision sign may be permitted on the wall’s entrance to said subdivision subject to there being an officially recorded homeowner’s association that shall be responsible for its maintenance.
(B) Off-premises signs are prohibited in all residential zones.
(C) (1) No sign shall have less than a minimum setback of five feet from any property line.
(2) No permanent sign shall have a face larger than 32 square feet.
(3) No sign shall exceed 15 feet in height.
(4) No sign or part of any sign in the residential districts hall move, flash, rotate or change its illumination. It is noted that temporary holiday decorations are permitted though.
(5) No portable signs shall be permitted in any residential zoning district.
(6) There shall be no limit to the number of political signs allowed in the residential zoning districts; except that, they be spaced at 20-foot intervals from each other to minimize visual clutter.
(Ord. 2016-07A, passed 8-9-2016)