Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) It is the intent of this chapter that:
(1) All questions of interpretation and enforcement shall be first presented to the Building Official;
(2) The questions shall be presented to the Board of Adjustment only on appeal from the decision of the Building Official; and
(3) Recourse from the decisions of the Board of Adjustment shall be to the courts as provided by law.
(B) It is further the intent of this chapter that the duties of the Town Council in connection with this chapter shall not include hearing and deciding questions of interpretation and enforcement that may arise. The procedure for deciding the questions shall be as stated in this section and this chapter. Under this chapter, the Town Council shall have only the duties of:
(1) Considering and adopting or rejecting proposed amendments or the repeal of this chapter, as provided by law; and
(2) Establishing a schedule of fees and charges.
(2000 Code, § 66-46) (Ord. 75-01, passed 7-14-1975)