Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The provisions of this subchapter shall not apply to the following:
(1) Paying passengers and their guests, on a bus, limousine, taxicab or other motor vehicle that is operated by duly licensed drivers in the course of conducting an ongoing, duly licensed and authorized business or providing paid passenger transportation or service, provided that no open container containing any alcoholic beverage is in the possession of or readily accessible to the driver;
(2) To any open container in a refrigerator in the living area of house trailers, travel trailers, camping trailers, motor homes, campers and other similar types of facilities that are primarily designed and constructed to provide temporary living quarters and utilized for traveling and recreational purposes and that are equipped with refrigeration facilities;
(3) The possession of any open container containing any alcoholic beverage by any state-licensed beverage sales person, caterer, vendor or agent, but only for purposes specifically related to their employment as salespersons, caterers, vendors or agents;
(4) The possession of any open container containing any alcoholic beverage by any duly ordained or authorized minister, pastor, priest, rabbi or any other similarly designated person of any religious order, monastery, church or religious body, but only for purposes specifically related to their fulfillment of their religious duties;
(5) The possession of any open container containing any alcoholic beverage by any law enforcement officers and employees of law enforcement agencies, but only while in the performance of their lawful duties;
(6) The possession of any open container containing any alcoholic beverage by any person engaged in picking up empty beverage containers solely for the purpose of collecting the deposit or value of the containers; and
(7) The possession of any open containers containing any alcoholic beverage by any person participating in a litter control or pickup program.
(B) The exceptions stated in division (A) above of this section shall apply to only possession and transportation of alcoholic beverages and open containers, and not to drinking or consuming alcoholic beverages, except for the exception that applies to passengers as stated in division (A)(1) above of this section.
(2000 Code, § 6-65) (Ord. 87-06, passed 1-26-1988)