Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The Public Nuisance Abatement Board shall have the powers as delineated in Fla. Stat. § 893.138, which shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
(1) Adopt rules for the conduct of its hearings.
(2) Subpoena alleged violators and witnesses to its hearings.
(3) Subpoena records, surveys, plats, or other documentary evidence which subpoenas shall be served by the Police Department.
(4) Take testimony under oath.
(5) Issue orders having force and effect of law commanding whatever steps are necessary to bring a violation into compliance.
(6) Establish and levy fines.
(B) It is the intent of this subchapter to provide the city with an additional and supplemental means to abate drug, prostitution, dealing in stolen property, and criminal street gang activities amounting to a public nuisance. Nothing contained herein shall preclude the city from abating nuisances under Fla. Stat. § 60.05 or as otherwise provided by federal, state or local law.
(Ord. 2016-37, passed 6-16-16)