Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) These regulations take precedence over any less restrictive conflicting local laws, ordinances and codes.
(B) In order to accomplish its purposes, this chapter includes methods and provisions to:
(1) Restrict or prohibit uses which are dangerous to health, safety, and property due to water or erosion hazards, or which result in damaging increases in erosion or flood heights or velocities;
(2) Require that uses vulnerable to floods, including facilities which serve such uses, be protected against flood damage at the time of initial construction;
(3) Control the alteration of natural floodplains, stream channels, and natural protective barriers, which help accommodate or channel floodwaters;
(4) Control filling, grading, dredging, and other development which may increase flood damage; and
(5) Prevent or regulate the construction of flood barriers which will unnaturally divert floodwaters or which may increase flood hazards in other areas.
(Ord. 590-12, passed 6-13-2012; Ord. passed 8-15-2016)