Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Once the manager has issued a notice of violation to a responsible person for a qualifying violation, if the property remains in violation after the deadline established in the notice, the manager may record the notice of violation with the Ventura County Recorder’s office. For purposes of this article, the responsible person shall be as defined in Section 7-51(J) of this code.
(B) Before recordation, the manager shall provide the responsible person with the notice of violation which shall state that such notice will be recorded unless a written request to appeal the action is received pursuant to the procedures outlined in this article. The notice of violation shall be served in accordance with the methods set forth in Section 7-313.
(C) If a written request for appeal is not received within the time frame specified in the notice of violation, the manager may thereafter cause the notice of violation to be recorded if the violations remain.
(D) The recorded notice of violation shall include the following:
(1) The name of the responsible person;
(2) The name of the property owner, if different from the responsible person;
(3) Street address and parcel number;
(4) The code section(s) in violation;
(5) A description of the conditions which violates the applicable codes;
(6) A list of necessary corrections to bring the property into compliance;
(7) A deadline or specific date to correct the violations listed in the notice of violation, after which the notice of violation will be recorded;
(8) A description of the appeal process and a written appeal form.
(Ord. No. 2919)