Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Application - A request for reasonable accommodation shall be made on a city application form or in the form of a letter to the director and shall contain the following information:
(1) The applicant’s name, address and telephone number, and written permission of the property owner, if applicable.
(2) The address of the property for which the request is being made.
(3) The current use of the property.
(4) Documentation for the claim that the person is considered disabled under the Acts.
(5) The zoning code provision, regulation or policy from which reasonable accommodation is being requested.
(6) Why the reasonable accommodation is necessary to make the specific property accessible to the person.
(7) Documentation that the specific exception or modification requested by the applicant is necessary to provide one or more persons with a disability an equal opportunity to use and enjoy a dwelling unit.
(B) Fee - An application must be accompanied by the applicable processing fee (equivalent to a temporary use permit - Tier 3 fee until such time as the City Council modifies the reasonable accommodation fee) adopted by City Council resolution.
(Ord. No. 2848, 2926)