Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Purpose - The purpose of the CVC sub-zone is to provide coastal dependent visitor-serving commercial/recreational opportunities for both the visiting public and the residents of the city. This sub-zone is designed to assure an orderly and balanced utilization of Oxnard's coastal resources and provide maximum access, enjoyment, and use of these resources by all segments of the public, while protecting scenic resources in environmentally sensitive habitat areas. Development within the CVC sub-zone shall be consistent with the policies of the Oxnard coastal land use plan, including Policy 46.
(`64 Code, Sec. 37-2.9.1)
(B) Principally permitted uses - The principally permitted uses are visitor-serving services and visitor-serving sales. The following categories are subject to the approval of a coastal development permit, pursuant to the provision of section 17-57 of this chapter.
(1) Visitor-serving services: commercial recreation, skating rink, amusement center, campground, swim club, boat rentals, bike rentals, entertainment, theater, night-club, motor vehicle service station, tourist hotels, motels, convention and conference facilities, and vacation timeshare developments.
(2) Visitor-serving sales: eating/drinking (serving alcoholic beverages) restaurant, cocktail lounge, marina facilities, sport fishing, boat launching, yacht and boat sales, bait and tackle sales, marina supply store, eating/drinking (nonalcoholic) restaurant, café.
(`64 Code, Sec. 37-2.9.2)
(C) Secondary permitted uses - The following categories are subject to the approval of a development review permit, pursuant to the provisions of section 17-57 of this chapter.
(1) Services: financial, banks, savings and loans, personal, barber, beauty shop, health spa, laundry, professional, real estate, medical, travel agency, public, parking, parks, library.
(2) Sales: drive-through businesses and facilities, restaurant, café, specialty shops, antiques, sporting goods, art, cameras, souvenirs, general retail, off-sale liquor, florist, stationery, gifts, automobile rental agency.
(`64 Code, Sec. 37-2.9.3)
(D) Property development standards -
(1) Maximum building height: 3 stories or 35 feet; additional stories or height may be permitted subject to the granting of a coastal development permit.
(2) Minimum lot area: 15,000 square feet.
(3) Front yard setback: 10 feet.
(4) Rear yard setback: for lots abutting a public way or alley: 10 feet. No setback is otherwise required.
(5) Side yard setback:
(a) Interior side yard: none required.
(b) Street side yard: 10 feet.
(`64 Code, Sec. 37-2.9.4)
(E) Applicable provisions - All uses shall be subject to the applicable standards of this chapter, including standards contained in the following sections:
(1) Section 17-5, General requirements;
(2) Article III, Specific Coastal Development and Resource Standards;
(3) Article IV, General Coastal Development and Resource Standards; and
(4) Article V, Administration.
(`64 Code, Sec. 37-2.9.5)
(Ord. No. 2034, 2716)