Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Purpose - The purpose of the MHP-C sub-zone is to implement Policy No. 65 of the Oxnard coastal land use plan relating particularly to the preservation of low to moderate income housing within the city's coastal zone, which states: “Existing mobile home parks shall not be demolished or converted to another use, including purchase mobile home lots, unless an equal or greater number of comparably priced housing units are built in the coastal zone to replace the demolished or converted units.”
(`64 Code, Sec. 37-2.7.1)
(B) Permitted uses - The following uses shall not result in the reduction of two or more mobile home spaces and are permitted only within existing mobile home parks:
(1) Mobile homes for single-family use only;
(2) Common recreation facilities and structures; and
(3) Accessory structures normally incidental to and contained within mobile home parks.
(4) Adult day care facilities serving no more than six adults;
(5) Child care centers serving no more than six children;
(6) Congregate living health facilities of no more than six beds;
(7) Large family day care homes that the Planning Manager finds to comply with the standards set out in section 16-440;
(8) Residential care facilities for the elderly serving no more than six persons; and
(9) Small residential health or care facilities that conform to city ordinances restricting building heights, setbacks, lot dimensions, placement of signs and other matters applicable to dwellings of the same type in the same zone, and that provide services to no more than six persons, or to no more than eight children in the case of a small family day care home.
(`64 Code, Sec. 37-2.7.2)
(C) Conditionally permitted uses - The following uses are permitted subject to the approval of a coastal development plan pursuant to the provisions of article V: common recreational facilities, structures, and accessory uses normally associated with a mobile home park which would result in a reduction of two or more mobile home spaces within an existing mobile home park; and congregate living health facilities of seven to 15 beds.
(`64 Code, Sec. 37-2.7.3)
(D) Property development standards - Mobile home space requirements:
(1) Minimum mobile home lot area: 3,000 square feet.
(2) Front yard setback: 10 feet from mobile home space line.
(3) Side yard setback: 10 feet from mobile home space line.
(4) Rear yard setback: 10 feet from mobile home space line.
(5) Maximum space coverage: 75%.
(6) Interior yard space: 450-square-foot minimum; per space minimum dimension of 15 feet.
(7) Off-street parking required: 2 spaces on each mobile home lot; 1 guest parking space for each 5 mobile home lots.
(`64 Code, Sec. 37-2.7.4)
(E) Special requirements -
(1) Patio covers and parking space covers may extend up to five feet from side property line.
(2) A six-foot high masonry wall is required along all exterior mobile home park property lines. Such wall shall be set back a minimum of ten feet from any public right-of-way.
(`64 Code, Sec. 37-2.7.5)
(F) Applicable provisions - All uses shall be subject to the applicable standards of this chapter, including standards contained in the following sections:
(1) Section 17-5, General regulations;
(2) Article III, Specific Coastal Development and Resource Standards;
(3) Article IV, General Coastal Development and Resource Standards; and
(4) Article V, Administration.
(`64 Code, Sec. 37-2.7.6)
(Ord. No. 2034, 2671, 2716)