Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Sub-zones established - The Oxnard Coastal Zone is divided into the following sub-zone districts:
(1) R-B-1 (Single-Family Beach) Sub-Zone;
(2) R-W-1 (Single-Family Water-Oriented) Sub-Zone;
(3) R-W-2 (Townhouse Water-Oriented) Sub-Zone;
(4) R-2-C (Coastal Multiple-Family) Sub-Zone;
(5) R-3-C (Coastal Garden Apartment) Sub-Zone;
(6) CPC (Coastal Planned Community) Sub-Zone;
(7) MHP-C (Coastal Mobile Home Park) Sub-Zone;
(8) CNC (Coastal Neighborhood Commercial) Sub-Zone;
(9) CVC (Coastal Visitor-Serving Commercial) Sub-Zone;
(10) CDI (Coastal Dependent Industrial) Sub-Zone;
(11) EC (Coastal Energy Facilities) Sub-Zone;
(12) COD (Coastal Oil Development) Sub-Zone;
(13) RC (Coastal Recreation) Sub-Zone; and
(14) RP (Coastal Resource Protection) Sub-Zone.
(15) HCI (Harbor, Channel Islands) Sub-Zone; and
(16) R-BF (Beachfront Residential) Sub-Zone.
(`64 Code, Sec. 37-1.3.0)
(B) Adoption of zoning maps - The boundaries of the sub-zone districts shall be as shown upon the official zoning map of the Oxnard Coastal Zone.
(`64 Code, Sec. 37-1.3.1)
(C) Rules applying to uncertain boundaries on land use maps and zoning maps - Where uncertainty exists as to the boundaries of any coastal sub-zone district shown on the official zoning map, the following rules shall apply:
(1) Where such boundaries are indicated as approximately following street and alley lines or lot lines, the center line of such streets and alleys shall be construed to be such boundaries.
(2) In unsubdivided property or where a zone boundary divides a lot, the location of such boundary, unless indicated by dimension, shall be determined by use of the scale appearing on the zoning map.
(3) In case any uncertainty exists not addressed by this section, the commission shall determine the precise location of boundaries.
(4) Where any public street or alley is officially vacated or abandoned, the regulations applicable to abutting properties shall apply to such vacated or abandoned street or alley.
(5) Where any dedicated or fee right-of-way of any street, railroad, transportation or public utility company is vacated or abandoned, said property shall be automatically classified as an RP sub-zone. All property not otherwise designated shall be classified as an RP sub-zone.
(`64 Code, Sec. 37-1.3.2) (Ord. No. 2034, 2716)