Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Surfacing -
(1) Automobile and handicapped spaces - All parking spaces and maneuvering areas shall be paved and permanently maintained with asphalt, concrete, or any other all-weather surfacing approved by the public works director.
(2) Motorcycle - All motorcycle parking areas shall be paved with concrete or equivalent surfacing approved by the public works director. The concrete surfacing is intended to prevent motorcycle kick stands from damaging the pavement.
(3) Bicycle - All bicycle parking areas shall be surfaced with a.c. or concrete so as to keep the area in a dust-free condition.
(B) Driveway location - Curb cuts and driveways shall be placed and configured in accordance with this chapter.
(C) Wheel stops - A continuous six-inch high concrete curb shall be installed above the level of a parking lot to serve as a wheel stop for vehicles on all periphery areas of the parking lot and as an edging for planting areas, islands, protection for walls and for entrances and exits. Where concrete curbs are not installed adjacent to public sidewalks, wheel stops shall be installed to prevent vehicles from encroaching into a public right-of-way.
(D) Directional arrows and signage -
(1) Aisles, approach lanes, and maneuvering areas shall be clearly marked with directional arrows and lines to expedite traffic movement.
(2) The public works director shall require a developer to install signage in addition to directional arrows to ensure the safe and efficient flow of vehicles in a parking facility prior to the issuance of a building permit.
(E) Drainage - All parking facilities shall be graded and drained so as to provide for the disposal of all surface water within the site boundaries.
(`64 Code, Sec. 36-7.1.25) (Ord. No. 2021)