Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Full-size space - A full-sized space shall be an unobstructed rectangle at least 9 feet wide by 19 feet long.
(B) Motorcycle size space - A motorcycle space shall be at least 4½ feet wide by 7 feet long.
(C) Recreational vehicle size space - A recreational vehicle parking space shall be at least 10 feet wide and 25 feet long. Recreational vehicle parking areas for cluster projects, townhouse projects, apartment projects, and mobile home parks shall be enclosed by a six-foot high decorative block wall with a solid metal or wood gate. The design of the wall and gate shall be subject to the approval of the director.
(D) Carport space - A carport space shall be at least 9 feet wide and 20 feet deep. Bays of grouped carports shall be enclosed on three sides.
(E) Garage construction standards -
(1) Single-car garage - A single-car garage shall be at least 10 feet 6 inches wide by 20 feet long as measured from the interior of the structure. A garage door shall be at least seven feet high by eight feet wide.
(2) Two-car garage - A two-car garage shall be a minimum of 20 feet wide by 20 feet long measured from the interior of the structure. The dimensions for a garage door shall be a minimum trade size of 7 feet high by 16 feet wide.
(3) Interior height - The interior height of all garages shall be not less than seven feet. Where storage cabinets are provided, a height of four feet is allowed within four feet of the rear of the garage structure.
(4) Pavement - Driveway pavement areas shall remain free and clear of all obstructions.
(5) Obstructions - Obstructions within one foot of interior (side) garage walls shall be six inches or less in height.
(F) Operation and maintenance of vehicle parking areas -
(1) All required parking facilities shall be maintained for the duration of the use requiring such facilities. Such facilities shall be used exclusively for the parking of vehicles. The parking facilities shall not be used for the storage of merchandise, or for the storage or repair of vehicles or equipment. Parking facilities shall not be used for the sale of merchandise, except on a temporary basis for special events subject to the approval of the director.
(2) The owner or operator of a specific use shall ensure that required parking facilities are maintained in good operating condition and are periodically swept and cleaned.
(`64 Code, Sec. 36-7.1.19) (Ord. No. 2021, 2513)