Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Any special use permit heretofore or hereafter granted may be revoked by the commission, after a public hearing has been held with notice given as provided in section 16-537, for any of the following reasons:
(1) Where any permit or condition of the special use permit has not been complied with;
(2) Where the property subject to the special use permit or any portion thereof is used or maintained in violation of any statute, ordinance, law or regulation;
(3) Where the use for which the special use permit was granted has not been exercised for at least 12 consecutive months or has ceased to exist or has been abandoned;
(4) Where the use for which the special use permit was granted has been so exercised as to be detrimental to the public health or safety or as to constitute a nuisance;
(5) Where the applicant made a false or erroneous statement in a material matter either in the application for the special use permit or in testimony before the commission or the city council upon appeal.
(B) After revocation of a special use permit, the property affected thereby shall be subject to the regulations of the applicable zone classification.
(C) A decision of the commission or city council not to revoke a special use permit whenever cause therefor exists or occurs does not constitute a waiver of such right with respect to any subsequent cause for revocation.
(`64 Code, Sec. 34-157) (Ord. No. 917, 1046, 1087, 2367, 2445)