Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The purpose of this division is to provide standards governing the installation of towers, antennae, and other wireless communications facilities to greatly reduce or eliminate any adverse economic, safety or aesthetic impacts on neighboring property owners and the entire city.
(B) Specifically, the purpose of this division is to:
(1) Permit towers to be located only in non-residential areas and minimize the total number of towers throughout the city;
(2) Encourage the joint use of new and existing tower sites as a primary option rather than construction of additional single-use towers;
(3) Encourage the location of towers and antennae in areas where any adverse impacts on the city are minimal;
(4) Encourage the configuration of towers and antennae to minimize adverse visual impacts through careful design (such as the use of stealth facilities), siting, landscape screening, and other camouflaging techniques;
(5) Expand the availability of quick, effective and efficient wireless communications services in the city;
(6) Consider any potentially adverse effects that wireless communications towers have on health and safety; and
(7) Use careful design and siting of towers to avoid damage to adjacent properties.
(`64 Code, Sec. 34-230) (Ord. No. 2449)