Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The following exterior architectural standards shall apply to all single-family dwellings including mobile homes located in an R-1 zone:
(1) Exterior siding shall be made of nonreflective and nonmetallic materials. Acceptable siding material includes wood, stucco, ceramic tile, brick, stone, or other masonry materials, or any combination of these materials.
(2) Color/texture of exterior materials shall be compatible with the adjacent single-family structures.
(3) Roof structures, except for authorized deck areas, shall be sloped and provide an eave projection of no less than 6 inches and no greater than 30 inches.
(4) Roofing material shall consist of one of the following: wood shingle, wood shake, synthetic, composite shingle, ceramic tile, or concrete tile, except metallic roofing surfaces shall not be permitted on the residential structure or on any garage or carport.
(B) (1) A finding that a proposed residential structure complies with the foregoing architectural standards shall be made as part of the special use permit or planned development permit.
(2) If the proposed structure does not entail a special use permit or planned development permit, the director shall make a finding of compliance.
(`64 Code, Sec. 34-36.3) (Ord. No. 1373)