Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The fees collected shall be used to pay for only the public facilities identified in the capital improvement plan in the categories of government and public safety facilities, essential infrastructure and related facilities, and cultural and recreational facilities.
(B) For purposes of this division, the following words shall have the following meanings:
(1) CULTURAL AND RECREATIONAL FACILITIES - Any libraries, auditoriums, concert halls, parks, playgrounds and similar facilities located in the city.
(2) ESSENTIAL INFRASTRUCTURE - Any facilities for the storage, treatment and distribution of nonagricultural water; facilities for the collection, treatment, reclamation and disposal of sewage; facilities for the collection and disposal of stormwaters and for flood-control purposes; facilities for the generation of electricity and the distribution of gas and electricity; transportation and transit facilities, including, but not limited to, streets and supporting improvements, roads, overpasses, bridges, harbors, ports, airports and related facilities; and any other capital projects identified in the capital improvement plan that are not related facilities, cultural and recreational facilities, government facilities or public safety facilities, as defined in this section 15-228.
(3) GOVERNMENT FACILITIES - City hall, city garages and equipment yards, city offices, parking areas and similar facilities in or through which the city conducts general city operations.
(4) PUBLIC SAFETY FACILITIES - Any capital improvements or equipment related to city police and fire operations.
(5) RELATED FACILITIES - Any major landscaping, fountains, monuments, signs and similar structures and facilities of general benefit to the city.
(`64 Code, Sec. 27-89.63) (Ord. No. 2258, 2979)