Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Approval and recommendation thereof shall be denied to any map by the director, city council or the commission on any of the following findings:
(1) The proposed map is not consistent with applicable general plan and specific plan;
(2) The design or improvement of the proposed development is not consistent with applicable general plan and specific plan;
(3) The site is not physically suitable for the type of development;
(4) The site is not physically suitable for the proposed density of development;
(5) The design of the development or the proposed improvements are likely to cause substantial environmental damage or to substantially and avoidably injure fish or wildlife or their habitat;
(6) The design of the development or the type of improvement is likely to cause serious public health problems; and
(7) The design of the development or the type of improvement will conflict with easements, acquired by the public at large, for access through or use of property within the proposed development; provided, however, that approval may be granted if it is found that alternate easements, for access or for use, will be provided, and that these will be substantially equivalent to the ones previously acquired by the public.
(B) Approval under this section shall not be denied to any final map or parcel map which is in substantial compliance with a valid previously approved tentative subdivision map; nor shall approval be denied to any map of a condominium project or a community apartment project because of design or location of buildings on the property shown on the map not violative of local ordinance or because of the manner in which air space is to be divided in conveying the condominium.
(`64 Code, Sec. 27-52) (Ord. No. 1570, 1684, 2367, 2445, 2910)