(A)   The person who received the civil citation may seek judicial review of the hearing officer's decision by filing an appeal with the Ventura County Superior Court Clerk within 20 calendar days after said person receives a copy of the notice of decision in accordance with Cal. Gov't Code section 53069.4. Any appeal filed with the superior court shall contain a proof of service showing that a copy of the appeal was served upon the city. The person who received the citation must pay the appropriate filing fees.
   (B)   Judicial review is not available for an abandonment of an administrative hearing by a person who received a civil citation by failing to appear at the administrative hearing or failing to deposit the appropriate fine amount.
   (C)   Within 15 days of any request, the city attorney or his/her designee shall forward to the superior court, the appropriate notice of decision and civil citation for any matter appealed to the superior court. If the superior court reverses any decision of the hearing officer, the city shall refund the superior court filing fee and any fine deposit paid by the person who received the citation.
(Ord. No. 2734)