Skip to code content (skip section selection)
For purposes of this article, the following words have the following meanings:
(A) CURFEW HOURS - The time between 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. of the following day.
(B) EMERGENCY - An unforeseen combination of circumstances or the resulting state that calls for immediate action, including but not limited to, a fire, a natural disaster, or automobile accident, or any situation requiring immediate action to prevent serious bodily injury or loss of life.
(C) ESTABLISHMENT - Any privately-owned place of business operated for a profit to which the public is invited, including but not limited to, any place of amusement or entertainment.
(D) GUARDIAN -
(1) A person who, under court order, is responsible for the care and maintenance of a minor; or
(2) A public or private agency with whom a minor has been placed by a court.
(E) MINOR - Any person under the age of 18 years.
(F) OPERATOR - Any individual, firm, association, partnership, or corporation operating, managing, or conducting any establishment, including the members of partners of an association or partnership and the officers of a corporation.
(G) PARENT - A person who is:
(1) A natural parent, adoptive parent, or step-parent of another person; or
(2) At least 18 years of age and authorized by a parent or guardian to have the care and custody of a minor.
(H) PUBLIC PLACE - Any place to which the public or a substantial group of the public has access and includes, but is not limited to, streets, highways, and the common areas of schools, hospitals, office buildings, transport facilities, and shops.
(I) REMAIN -
(1) To stay behind, to linger and to stay unnecessarily upon the streets, including the congregating groups (or of interacting minors) totaling four or more persons in which any minor involved would not be using the streets for one of the exemptions listed in this chapter.
(2) To fail to leave premises when requested to do so by a law enforcement officer or the owner, operator, or other person in control of premises.
(`64 Code, Sec. 20-9) (Ord. No. 2452)