Skip to code content (skip section selection)
For the purpose of this article, the following words shall have the following meanings:
(A) BUILDING CODE VIOLATION - Any violation of a code adopted by the city as set forth in Chapter 14 of this City Code.
(B) CODE VIOLATION - Any violation of the code or other ordinance.
(C) CITY MANAGER - The city manager or designee.
(D) CIVIL CITATION - A notice issued by an enforcement officer pursuant to this chapter that there has been a violation of the code.
(E) ENFORCEMENT OFFICER - An individual designated by the city manager to enforce the provisions of this chapter.
(F) HEARING OFFICER - The individual designated by the city manager to serve as the hearing officer for administrative hearings.
(G) ISSUANCE DATE - The day a civil citation is personally served on a responsible person, is mailed to a responsible person, or is posted on real property where a property related violation occurs.
(H) ISSUED - The giving, mailing, or posting of a civil citation.
(I) NOTICE OF DECISION - A notice that informs a responsible person of a decision made regarding provisions of this chapter.
(J) RESPONSIBLE PERSON - Any of the following:
(1) An individual causing or committing a code violation;
(2) An individual, by his/her action or failure to act, maintains or allows a code violation to continue;
(3) An individual whose agent, employee, or independent contractor causes or commits a code violation by his/her action or failure to act;
(4) An owner of or a lessee or sublessee with the current right of possession of real property on which a code violation occurs;
(5) An on-site manager of a business customarily working daily at the site when the business is open and responsible for the activities at such business; and
(6) A natural person or legal entity, and the owners, majority stockholders, corporate officers, trustees, and general partners of a legal entity.
(`64 Code, Sec. 21-2) (Ord. No. 2488, 2764)