Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Before the beginning of each fiscal year for which the city council has not adopted a budget, the city manager shall submit to the city council a proposed operations and capital budget for the following fiscal year or for more than one of the following fiscal years.
(B) At a minimum, the proposed budget shall include:
(1) An itemized statement of estimated revenues from all sources for the year.
(2) An itemized statement of proposed expenditures for each department and division.
(3) A statement of the amount required for the payment of interest, amortization and redemption charges on the debt of the city.
(4) Provision for contingent expense.
(5) A general budget summary.
(6) A budget statement outlining the proposed financial plan for the year.
(7) The appropriations limit and the total annual appropriations subject to limitation as determined pursuant to Division 9 of Title 1 of the Cal. Gov't Code, commencing with Section 7900.
(C) The city council shall hold a public hearing on the proposed budget, at which all interested persons may be heard. At the conclusion of the public hearing, the city council may make changes to the proposed budget.
(D) The city council shall adopt a budget for the following fiscal year or for more than one of the following fiscal years. If the budget is not adopted on or before the beginning of such fiscal year, the proposed budget shall become effective without action by the city council.
(E) The city council may revise at any time an adopted budget or a proposed budget that became effective without action by the city council.
(Ord. No. 2643)