Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) The Director of Safety shall place and maintain traffic control devices and signals, when and as required under the City traffic ordinances, to make effective the provisions of such ordinances, and he is authorized to place and maintain such additional traffic control devices and signals as he deems necessary for the proper control of traffic, and pursuant to this authority he shall have the power to:
(1) Establish traffic control signal intersections.
(2) Determine and designate one-way streets.
(3) Establish stop and yield right-of-way intersections.
(4) Place markings or signs for turning at intersections.
(5) Designate certain routes as through streets.
(6) Establish and designate pedestrian crosswalks and safety zones.
(7) Regulate and limit parking on streets, other than in parking meter zones.
(8) Designate bus loading zones, taxicab stands and loading zones.
(9) Mark traffic lanes, center lines and individual parking spaces.
(10) Designate play streets and zones of quiet.
(b) All traffic control devices shall conform to the uniform system of traffic control devices as provided for in Ohio R.C. 4511.09.
(c) The action of the Director of Safety in placing, or causing the placement of additional traffic control devices and signals pursuant to subsection (a) hereof shall not become effective until he has issued a written order therefor, a copy of which order shall be sent to the Chief of Police and the Clerk of Council. Such orders of the Director of Safety shall remain in effect until rescinded by him or by motion of Council.
(Ord. 959. Passed 12-17-63.)