Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Permitted placement of manufactured homes. The establishment, provision, location, placement, and use of manufactured homes, as defined in § 154.16, as permanent residences or businesses shall be permitted in any zone permitting installation of a dwelling unit or business unit, subject to requirements and limitations applying generally to such residential or business uses in the district, and provided such homes shall meet the following requirements and limitations:
(1) The residence or building shall be double or multi-sectioned and have more than 950 square feet of occupied space;
(2) The residence or building shall be located on a building lot of at least 75 feet by 125 feet;
(3) The residence or building shall be compatible or similar in appearance with the site-constructed residences within the local area;
(4) The residence or building shall meet the appropriate exterior appearance standards as set forth in § 154.18; and
(5) The residence or building shall receive all required permits, including those issued by the town, and conform with the comprehensive plan and other ordinances of the county and the town.
(B) Location of manufactured dwellings and mobile homes in communities or parks. The establishment, provision, location, placement, and use of all other manufactured dwellings, as defined in § 154.16, as permanent residences or businesses shall be permitted only in a mobile home park, as defined in § 154.16, and shall meet the exterior appearance standards of § 154.18 and installation standards of § 154.19.
(C) Non-conforming homes. A manufactured dwelling or mobile home placed and maintained on a tract of land prior to the adoption of this subchapter, but in violation hereof, shall continue to be a legal non-conforming use. If the non-conforming use is discontinued, the land thereafter must be used in conformity with all provisions of this subchapter.
(D) Replacement of non-conforming homes. Thereafter, upon application to the Town Council and subsequent approval thereof, a manufactured dwelling or mobile home deemed a legal non-conforming use may be replaced within 90 days by a manufactured dwelling of newer age and better quality, and as long as said placement adheres to exterior appearance standards of § 154.18 and installation standards of § 154.19.
(E) Structural alteration. Due to its integral design, any structural alteration or modification of a manufactured or mobile home after it is placed on the site must be approved by the authorized County Building Administrator and the Town Council.
(Ord. 1999-4, passed 5-18-1999)