Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) If another municipality, or sewer district contributes wastewater to the POTW, the Wastewater Superintendent shall enter into an intermunicipal or interdistrict agreement with the contributing entity.
(B) Prior to entering into an agreement required by division (A) above, the Wastewater Superintendent shall request the following information from the contributing entity:
(1) A description of the quality and volume of wastewater discharged to the POTW by the contributing entity;
(2) An inventory of all users located within the contributing entity that are discharging to the POTW; and
(3) Such other information as the Wastewater Superintendent may deem necessary.
(C) An agreement, as required by division (A) above, shall contain the following conditions:
(1) A requirement for the contributing entity to adopt a sewer use ordinance which is at least as stringent as this chapter and local limits which are at least as stringent as those set out in § 55.018. The requirement shall specify that such ordinance and limits must be revised as necessary to reflect changes made to the town’s ordinance or local limits;
(2) A requirement for the contributing entity to submit a revised user inventory on at least an annual basis;
(3) A provision specifying which pretreatment implementation activities, including wastewater discharge permit issuance, inspection and sampling, and enforcement, will be conducted by the contributing municipality; which of these activities will be conducted by the Wastewater Superintendent; and which of these activities will be conducted jointly by the contributing municipality and the Wastewater Superintendent;
(4) A requirement for the contributing entity to provide the Wastewater Superintendent with access to all information that the contributing entity obtains as part of its pretreatment activities;
(5) Limits on the nature, quality, and volume of the contributing entity’s wastewater at the point where it discharges to the POTW;
(6) Requirements for monitoring the contributing entity’s discharge;
(7) A provision ensuring the Wastewater Superintendent access to the facilities of users located within the contributing entity’s jurisdictional boundaries for the purpose of inspection, sampling, and any other duties deemed necessary by the Wastewater Superintendent; and
(8) A provision specifying remedies available for breach of the terms of the intermunicipal or interdistrict agreement.
(Ord. 2010-2, passed 4-20-2010)