Skip to code content (skip section selection)
1. Minimum Residential Standards: The purpose of this Code is to provide minimum standards for the protection of the life, safety, health, welfare, and property of rental residential owners and tenants, as well as that of the general public.
2. Maximum Occupant Loads: To prevent the overcrowding of rental dwellings by requiring compliance with minimum space standards per occupant for each dwelling unit.
3. Prevent Slum Areas: To facilitate the enforcement of minimum standards for the maintenance of existing residential buildings and thus to prevent slums and blight.
4. Maintain Property Values: To preserve the value of land and buildings throughout the Village of Orland Park.
5. Crime-Free Housing: To reduce and prevent crimes from occurring within rental housing and neighborhoods.