Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Application For Master Hangar Waiting List:
1. An application for a priority position on the master hangar waiting list must be filed in writing with the airport manager and shall contain the following information:
a. Name Of Applicant: If the applicant is a business entity, the name of a contact person must also be included;
b. Addresses: Addresses of applicant and/or applicant's contact person;
c. Telephone Numbers: Business, home, and mobile telephone numbers of applicant and/or applicant's contact person;
d. Hangar Size: Desired size of hangar planned, including width, length and height;
e. Type Of Construction: Metal or masonry;
f. Aircraft Model And Activity: Aircraft model type and aeronautical activity planned;
g. Signature: Signature of responsible party and date.
2. Upon the filing of a complete application and payment of the annual fee, applicant's name will be put on the master hangar waiting list in priority order of the filing date upon which the completed application and the annual fee are received.
3. Applicant shall pay to the airport manager an annual fee of fifty dollars ($50.00) to be placed on the master hangar waiting list for a term of one year from the filing date. No application shall be deemed complete until this fee is paid. Applicant may renew its application each year thereafter by making an additional payment of fifty dollars ($50.00) before the completion of the one year anniversary of the filing date. Failure to make timely payment of this annual fee will result in removal of applicant from the master hangar waiting list.
B. Administration Of Master Hangar Waiting List:
1. As new hangar construction sites become available, the airport manager will provide written notice of availability to the applicant with the highest priority (earliest application filing date) on the master hangar waiting list. The notice shall be mailed to the address provided by applicant.
2. An applicant shall have thirty (30) calendar days from the date of mailing of the notice of availability to respond in writing to the airport manager, confirming applicant's intent to immediately enter into a hangar lease for the available hangar site.
3. Upon receipt of a written confirmation of intent to enter into a hangar lease, the airport manager will deliver, by mail or hand delivery, a hangar lease to be executed by applicant. An applicant shall have thirty (30) days after hand delivery or date of mailing of the hangar lease to execute the lease.
4. If an applicant with highest priority on the master hangar waiting list fails to meet the time limits for written confirmation and execution of a hangar lease as described herein, the hangar construction site will be offered to the next applicant with priority on the master hangar waiting list. The applicant who is passed over for failure to timely act shall be moved to the then lowest priority on the master hangar waiting list.
5. Applicants are not permitted to trade or sell their priority position to another party. Any new applicant on the list must make a new application as required above and begin at the then lowest priority on the list.
6. The master hangar waiting list shall not be used for offering leases for aeronautical commercial sites as delineated on the airport layout plan.
7. The airport manager may prohibit an existing hangar lessee from being placed on the master hangar waiting list or being offered a new construction hangar lease if such lessee is not in substantial compliance with the lessee's existing lease.
8. It is the responsibility of the applicant to notify the airport manager of any change in contact information provided in the application. If applicant's failure to do so causes applicant to fail to receive notices and/or fail to take timely action as required by this policy, applicant will be moved to the then lowest priority on the master hangar waiting list.
9. The airport manager is directed to include within the initial master hangar waiting list all applicants that have paid a hangar waiting list fee within one year prior to the date of this policy. Such prior applicants shall have initial priority on the master hangar waiting list based on the date of waiting list fee payment, whether or not they complied with the formal application requirements set forth in this policy. However, such prior applicants shall be required to file a completed application as described in this policy upon request of the airport manager. The anniversary filing date for such prior applicants shall be the date upon which an applicant paid the waiting list fee payment within one year prior to the date of this policy. Prior applicants shall be required to comply with all requirements of this policy for subsequent annual renewals. (Eff. 8-13-2008)