Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) A pre-application conference with the Director or his or her designee shall be required prior to submission of any application for a variance, rezoning, special use permit, sketch plan, preliminary development plan or preliminary plat.
(B) The purpose of this conference is to:
(1) Acquaint the applicant with the procedural requirements of this chapter;
(2) Provide for an exchange of information regarding applicant’s proposed development and the regulations, restrictions and requirements of this chapter, the Comprehensive Plan and other development requirements;
(3) Advise the applicant of any technical studies or public sources of information that may aid the application;
(4) Identify policies and regulations that create opportunities or pose significant restraints for the proposed development;
(5) Review any proposed concept plans and consider opportunities to increase development benefits and mitigate undesirable project consequences;
(6) Review whether the application is compatible with adjacent proposed or existing development; and
(7) Permit assistance by city staff with the development’s general design.
(Ord. 623, passed 9-8-1970)