Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Creation of office. There is hereby created the office of the Director of Parks and Recreation who shall report to the City Administrator and shall be responsible to the Mayor and City Council for high- level administrative, technical and professional work in directing and supervising the administration of the Parks and Recreation Department.
(B) Duties and qualifications. The Director exercises supervision over all Parks Department employees either directly or through subordinate supervisors. Minimum qualifications include:
(1) Bachelor’s degree in Parks and Recreation Management or related field;
(2) At least five years of progressively more responsible related work experience; and
(3) At least three supervisory experience.
(C) Enforcement of rules and regulations.
(1) The Director of Parks and Recreation, or other authorized personnel designated by the Director and the City Police Department, shall, in connection with their duties, diligently enforce all provisions of this section
(2) The Director of Parks and Recreation, or other authorized personnel designated by the Director and the Police Department, shall have the authority to eject from areas or facilities any person acting in violation of this section.
(1999 Code, § 95.30) (Ord. 1981, passed 4-6-1998; Ord. 3784, passed 12-3-2012)