Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Subject to the approval of the City Engineer no person shall allow the admission into the public sewers of any waters or wastes:
(1) Having a five-day B.O.D. greater than 500 parts per million by weight;
(2) Containing more than 550 parts per million by weight of suspended solids;
(3) Containing any quantity of substances having the characteristics described in § 51.057 of this chapter; or
(4) Having an average daily flow greater than 2% of the average daily sewage flow of the city.
(B) Where necessary in the opinion of the City Engineer, the owner shall provide, at his or her expense, such preliminary treatment as may be necessary to:
(1) Reduce the biochemical oxygen demand to 500 parts per million and the suspended solids to 550 parts per million by weight;
(2) Reduce objectionable characteristics or constituents to within the maximum limits provided for in § 51.057 of this chapter; or
(3) Control the quantities and rates of discharge of such waters or wastes.
(C) Plans, specifications and any other pertinent information relating to proposed preliminary treatment facilities shall be submitted for the approval of the City Engineer and of the Environmental Protection Agency of the state, and no construction of such facilities shall be commenced until the approvals are obtained in writing.
(1999 Code, § 51.053) (Ord. 818, passed 9-1-1977) Penalty, see § 10.99