Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Power supply cost adjustment. The rates and charges set forth in village's Rate Schedules are based upon the cost of village's power supply as furnished by American Municipal Power (AMP).
(B) In the event that the village's average power supply costs per kWh is increased or decreased due to changes in tax, or other adjustments or modifications to the village's power supply arrangements, village's Rate Schedules, as set forth in § 50.071, to which this section applies, will be adjusted as specified below:
(1) Base power supply cost: The overall base power supply cost to be used to determine the adjustment applicable to village's rate schedules shall be that included in the village's retail rates of $0.061864 per kWh.
(2) Monthly determination of power supply cost adjustment:
(a) Each month, the village's running three-month average power supply cost per kWh shall be determined by dividing: (1) the sum of the previous two and current months' total power supply costs from all suppliers, plus the sum of the previous two and current months' costs associated with development, ownership and operation of generating facilities owned in whole, or in part, by the village or AMP, plus the sum of the previous two and current months' transmission related charges and AMP service fees; by (2) the total energy delivered to the village in the previous two months and current month.
(b) If said running three-month average power supply cost for the current month is above or below $0.061864 per kWh (determined to six decimal places or $0.000000), the rates per kWh set forth in village's Rate Schedules, as set forth in § 50.071, shall be increased or decreased in the manner specified in divisions (c) and (d) below.
(c) Any increase or decrease per kWh above or below the base cost of $.061864 per kWh shall be determined to six decimal places, and any resultant differential shall be multiplied by 1.10 to compensate for village's distribution system energy losses.
(d) The rates per kWh set forth in village's Rate Schedules shall be increased or decreased accordingly.
(C) Application of power supply cost adjustment to all customer bills:
(1) Any applicable adjustment shall be applied to the kWh billed consumer for the meter reading period that village determines as most nearly corresponding to the meter reading period(s) set forth in village's purchased power billings from its supplier(s).
(2) All adjustments shall be applied to the total kWh billed to consumer and shall be in addition to the minimum charge applicable for the schedule involved.
(3) Security Lighting Schedule SL adjustment shall be as specified in said schedule, set forth in § 50.071.
(Ord. 10-85, passed 10-7-85; Am. Ord. 8-93, passed 7-19-93; Am. Ord. 20-98, passed 4-6-98; Am. Ord. 04-2001, passed 3-19-01; Am. Ord. 09-2001, passed 4-2-01; Am. Ord. 08-2005, passed 6-6-05; Am. Ord. 14-2008, passed 9-2-08; Am. Ord. 17-2014, passed 11-3-14; Am. Ord. 05-2019, passed 3-18-19)