Skip to code content (skip section selection)
13-14-4: ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS JURISDICTION AND AUTHORITY 1 :
A. The Zoning Board of Appeals is hereby designated as the proper commission or committee to publish notices as required by statute and these zoning regulations pertaining to proposed amendments to this Title and to make a written report and recommendation to the Board of Trustees on any such proposed amendment.
B. The Zoning Board of Appeals is hereby invested with the following authority and jurisdiction:
1. To hear and decide appeals from any order, requirement, decision or determination made by the Director of Community Development or other authorized officials of the Village having jurisdiction under this Title.
2. To hear applications for variations from the terms provided in this Code in the manner and subject to the standards set forth in this Chapter.
3. To hold public hearings in matters pertaining to applications for amendments and special uses.
4. To hear all other matters referred to it or upon which it is required to pass under this Title.
5. Submit reports to the Board of Trustees setting forth its findings and recommendations in the manner prescribed in this Chapter. (Ord. G-60, 3-22-1966; Ord. G-116, 4-14-1970)
1. See Title 2, Chapter 8 of this Code for the Zoning Board of Appeals.